it is just a normal day (chapter 2)

-It is just a normal day-

Chapter 2

“Everything looks fine here. Good.”

I stared at Haikal face. His hands are really delicate when dealing with his patient. I know because I went to a few dentists, and none has his touch. But today my mood is not in their best one. I begin to rise with anger. Is it PMS? I don’t know. But everything that didn’t go according to my liking deserves a shout.

Alina didn’t hear me when I was talking. Shout! My attire is not where I put them before. Shout, though I didn’t know who I shouted at. Aki is late picking me up at the station. Shout! And I didn’t shout at Haikal here, who is arranging the dentist’s tools. No I don’t shout at strangers. But I should have. He was late and clumsy. He always steps in my shoes or bumping into my hands. He keeps apologizing but he still repeated them.

Seriously, he is slower than a turtle.

This is my third times seeing him. Still he keeps doing them wrongly.  I begin to question his abilities but as soon he started to moves his hand to my mouth I know he’s capable.  Yes I know.

“Open wide.” He said and I follow. Will he know what is in my mouth before? Really, all of my secrets will be revealed if he keeps looking into my mouth.

I remember the conversation I had with Aki and Alina the other day.

“You are lucky Ami!” Aki said to me while we are having lunch. Alina takes a piece of sandwiches and nodded.  I looked at them both.

“Why?” I asked.  Aki takes a sipped of her Americano.

“He is hot!!” Alina shouted! Aki surprised either by this statement or her action sprayed her drinks. Fortunately it didn’t hit anyone.  I laughed like crazy at them. Aki stared at Alina.

“He is! Don’t you see his eyes? They are a bit like mine. But more intense.” True I said to myself. Alina does have a romantic-kind-of-eyes. But who is she referring to?

“Who is he?” finally I open up my mouth after minutes of silences. Aki and Alina looked at me surprised with my ignorance of their topic.
“Abang Haikalla!” Aki shouted. I looked at Aki and nodded finally understand this conversation.

“He’s hot? I don’t know about that. I don’t see him that way.” I said truthfully. It is true, as I only see his face as ordinary. Maybe my tastes in guys are a bit different that my sisters.

“Seriously Ami! Seriously?” Aki shouted at me bewildered.  I just sat there with a poker face. Aki’s mouth is full open at my attitude.

“You seriously don’t see it or you just playing dumb?” She asked again. I shake my head.  Seriously I don’t see it.

“I mean, he is the most famous guys in UM, and you said you didn’t see him as hot?!

“He is?!” asked Alina awed.

“Seriously Ami, your taste of guys has been from poor to dreadful.” Aki said with a sigh.

“There is more than enough girl lining up to be his patient. He doesn’t need you. I’m a bit surprised why he asked you though.”

“Are you okay?” Haikal voice wakes me up from my memory. I shake my head to answer his question.

“There is more than enough girl lining up to be his patient. He doesn’t need you. I’m a bit surprised why he asked you though.”

That sentence keep my up all night. After coming here for the third time I still didn’t see Haikal as hot but still that lines statement bugging me so much.

Why does he need me? Maybe he really a couple more points. Patient finally sees his true colour I think. Hihihi, he is not that hot. Is he?

“Ok rinse you mouth please.” Haikal said and begin to raise my seat to its original state.  I rinse my mouth while thinking the same question.

“Why? Hmm…. I don’t get it… ”

“Why what?” Haikal asked.

Uh-oh! Damn! I spoke out loud!

“Are you asking me why I asked you to rinse?” he asked me chuckling at that question. Maybe the question is funny to him. His hand is grabbing something like a screw-driver.  His not screwing anything in my mouth or I kick him.

Haikal is looking at me waiting. I look at him and then at his hand.

“You screwing me you are dead!” I said.

“What?” he spots my eyes in his hand and laugh like mad.

“Hahaha, don’t worry. I am not screwing you up.” He said assuring me. I still didn’t believe him. Dentist, once they said it didn’t hurt, it hurt way too much.

“Don’t worry. Trust me. So are you going to tell what are you thinking about just now?” he asked.

 “Nothing. Just wondering.” I answered. Maybe I should ask him so that he can tell me the real answer, the truth behind the truth.  The truth can stop my sisters from making fun of me. They keep teasing me about Haikal. So matured guys. Very the matured.

“What are you wondering about? You can ask me anything. I’m all ears.” Haikal said with his eyes staring right into my eyes. I begin to juggling my thought into my mind. Many things happen in there but I finally made up my mind.

“Why do you ask me to be your patient?”  I waited for his answer but he quickly set me to lie back so he can continue his work. Maybe that question is a bit personal.

Should I asked or should I not? I’m such a fool.

“Aki told me that you already have 300 points. So why do you need me? I’m just asking. If you don’t want to answer, you don’t have to.” I said with guilt feelings. Haikal remain silence and keep on arranging things.

Eeiiinggggg and that’s the sounds of the drilling. He doesn’t want to answer my question. I am so ashamed. Can I run away? Oh no, he still drilling. Where can I hide my face?

“Because it is you.” Haikal voice shocked me. He finally open up his mouth.

“If you didn’t become my patient, how I’m supposed to get to know you?”

I’m not sure if what I’m hearing is correct. So I just remain silence. Even if I want I can’t talk, his hands are working with my mouth.

“The first time that I see you I know. Finally I’ve found you.” Is he confessing to me? Oh my god! Wait, maybe he meant his dream patient where every teeth he can do fillings. Yup! That’s must be it.

“I already have full marks, but I need this one here for my future.”  

Seriously?

“So, since you bought this up I think I have to tell you something worth mentioning.” My heart begins to beat faster.

“I want you as my patient simply because” Haikal lean near my ears and slowly he open his mouth.

“I like you.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

alina neko said...

geli!!!!!!!!!!!:P

AmiVieNeski said...

muahahahah~ siot jerk~

Post a Comment