it is just a normal day (chapter 3)

-It is just a normal day-

Chapter 3


I sit near the tree watching families and friends enjoying themselves while hanging in the park. Mothers will bring their children to play in slide while fathers are watching with camera in his hand. What a lovely sight. People come here to clear up their mind so they can think clearly.  That’s why I’m here. But it’s not working for me. My mind is mess up more than before.

Damn! Seriously I can’t even think properly. I sigh again. I don’t know how many times I have sighed this week. Mummy will not approve.

“Now I am confused. How am I supposed to deal with this problem?” I shake my head disbelieving my lucks for this month. I think about them for awhile but my mind can’t take them anymore. Remembering back to that time, I suppose to say no but how could I said no when he said that things to me?

“Don’t give me you answer now. I want you to think first. I can always wait.”

What am I suppose to think? Is he the right one for me? I don’t think he is the right one for me.  Am I neglecting all the signs given to me? My sisters do not know anything at this time. I wonder what Keira will says about me dating?  She never likes the words dating.  For Keira, as a student the main point is to study and never dates.  I understand her situation and therefore I understand her.

The talked we had a while ago are still in my mind.

“If I found out that any of you is dating I will cut all of his fingers off! Especially you, young lady!” Keira points to Alina who is sitting with her books on her laps. Alina gives Keira the rolling eyes.

“I’m serious Alina and make sure you get into medic school or I will make you seats the exam again.” Keira said with a threat to Alina.

“Seriously Keira! Is it necessary? She’s only 17, haven’t even passed her examination yet.” Scolded Aki with unsatisfied face. I sat there and watch them quietly.

Here we go again. They never stop fighting.

“Of course it is necessary and don’t give me that attitude. If I see your results deteriorate again I will make you change course. I mean it!” Again Keira scolded Aki. Aki shakes her head disbelieving the statement and walked away from the room.

 ‘La la la la’ the song from my phone wakes me up from the memory. I checked my phone. It’s my friends from university.

“Yup Ty. What’s up?” I asked.

“When are you coming back?” the 1st question Decty or Ty for short. I think for a while.

“Hmm… I don’t know yet. Maybe a couple more week or days. I don’t know. Why?”

I talked for awhile with Decty who decided that I will be back next week.  Is she allowed to decide for me? And why do I agree? Maybe the bond between us makes me feel ok even if she asked me to go back now.

“I’m doom. Should I tell the rest?” I said leaning to the tree, staring at the sky.

 It is such a beautiful day.

*********************************************************
            “If Keira found out I’m dead!” I scream at Aki. Aki slaps my face. It didn’t hurt but I shill shout hei! at her. We are having meals in her cafĂ© since I need to talk to her.

            “You think I will let her kills my twins?” She said. Aki sits in front of me while thinking hard, something is bothering her.

            “I never expects abang  Haikal to like you.” She said. I look at her waiting for her to finish her thoughts.

      “I never see him looking at me or even have any interest in me before.” I rolled my eyes at this statement. Aki laughs.

            “We are twins, yes. Identical, no.” I said to her with a-matter-of-fact tone. Of course when people said twins we always picture the same face or features but Aki and I didn’t share those features. She is skinny, I’m a bit plump, and she is like 170cm tall while 160cm for me. She likes butter I like chocolates.  She is athletics I’m more to indoor. She studies dentistry while I study new media. See we are so different, even our skin’s color is different.

            “When is Keira coming back?” I ask Aki. Keira had to fly to India for a meeting. I don’t know when she is coming back. I don’t even know when she flies. One minute she was there and suddenly Aki told me she was gone.

            “2 or 3 days I suppose. But I don’t think she is going straight home. She told me last night that she might visit Uncle Adams house for couple of days. Since it’s been awhile since she visited them,” Aki said. I nodded. Uncle Adam is our mother’s brother, he lives in Australia. We used to visits him twice a year but not so much these days.

“So she is going to Australia for couple of days.” I start and Aki stares at me.

“What, don’t tell me you are going on a date?” Aki teased me. I laugh.

“You or me?” I teased her back and we both laugh. I looked at my watch and raises up from my chair.

“Is it the time already?”  Aki asked. I nod.

“Alina’s class will be finish at 6.30. I have to go now or I will get stuck in the peanut-butter-jam.” I said. Aki nods.

Alina’s piano class is in Bangsar and since it’s near UM I stop by to chat with Aki and told her about Haikal. At first Aki laughs like mad but after a couple of shouts and screamed she finally serious. Aki said to give Haikal a chance since he is a really nice guy, gentlemen guy, serious guy and that and this. Aki is really pushing Haikal to the mountain with that praises. She keeps saying Haikal’s good points and failed to gives the bad ones. I don’t believe people are perfect, it’s always far from the truth.

After saying good bye I leave UM and drive my car to pick up Alina.  I know Aki means well but to said yes to Haikal means I will disobey Keira. I don’t want that. Keira has been giving me so much that I just can’t do that to her. Just like this car. Honda civic is given to me when I get flying colours in my exam last year. I know how much I disappointed Keira when I can’t get into medic school. That is why I study very hard in university to show my gratitude to her. I didn’t ask any present and when she gives me the car I really can’t believe my eyes.

Keira has done everything she could to make us happy. She been trying hard to makes us have all the things we want, all the loves and all the care a father and mother can provide. Ever since our mother and father passed away in mountain accident, Keira takes the responsibility to nurture us the best she could. If mummy and daddy are still alive I know they will be proud of Keira. She has done an excellent job. Even with hand full of us she still had time to go to tuition, part time jobs and classes and now she is one of the youngest surgeons in her hospital and also one of the best.  At 28 she has been given many awards for the research and thesis she has done and people always having a hard time believing that she just 28.

Think thoroughly Keira won’t be that mad at me if I start dating. Since I will be graduating next year I think she can understand if I want to start planning for the future but something didn’t seem right. Why is it? I can’t get married. Not before Keira. What am I thinking.

I look ahead and thanking my brain for making a wise decision.  Traffic is beginning to slow down but I manage to reach Yamaha Music School at 6 pm. While waiting for Alina I start to reminisces the old time. 

________________________________________________________________________________

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

alina neko said...

o_O~
gyahh!! pening, pening, pening!!! stop confusing me!!!!

AmiVieNeski said...

that's why i said ready to be amazed!! muahahahahah!!

Post a Comment